You may attend any or all of the meetings. See biweekly topics below.
The Massachusetts Library Collaborative's 50+ Job Seekers Group meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, from 9:30am to 11:30am, via Zoom. If you are unemployed and actively looking, underemployed, seeking a new career direction, re-entering the job market after a long employment gap, or recently retired and looking for your "Encore Career", this networking group program is perfect for you! Remember, 85% of jobs are found through networking!
Join us in a professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition. Each meeting features a new topic. Meetings include a presentation and hands-on workshop on topics relevant to career transition, guest speakers, access to hiring managers, small group breakout rooms to network, and 1-on-1 coaching guidance. Participating on a regular basis will give job seekers the many tools and strategies needed for a successful job search.
Each biweekly meeting is facilitated by Deborah Hope, MBA, PCIC, an experienced executive career coach. Deborah is a former Fortune 500 executive, investment banker and entrepreneur and transitioned to executive coaching over 12 years ago. She has coached with Harvard Business School Executive Education programs, the Mass. Conference for Women., and has been trained or certified in a variety of coaching models and assessment tools. Deborah has facilitated 50+ job seekers networking groups since 2016.
- Wednesday, January 4, 9:30am-11:30am -- Self-Assessment & Transferrable Skills
- Wednesday, January 18, 9:30am-11:30am -- Create Your "Career Story" Pitch
- Wednesday, February 1, 9:30am-11:30am -- Create A Marketing Plan & Marketing Brief
- Wednesday, February 15, 9:30am-11:30am -- Applications, Cover Letters & Negotiation
- Wednesday, March 1, 9:30am-11:30am -- Develop Your Resume (Pt. 1)
- Wednesday, March 15, 9:30am-11:30am -- Develop Your Resume (Pt. 2)
- Wednesday, April 5, 9:30am-11:30am -- Create A LinkedIn Profile
- Wednesday, April 19, 9:30am-11:30am -- LinkedIn and Personal Branding
- Wednesday, May 3, 9:30am-11:30am -- Interview Preparation & Strategy
- Wednesday, May 17, 9:30am-11:30am -- Interview Practice
- Wednesday, June 7, 9:30am-11:30am -- Meet Hiring Employers
- Wednesday, June 21, 9:30am-11:30am -- Networking 2.0